Article provided by: Addiction Treatment Group
One of the biggest hurdles in most addiction cases can be trying to make the addict understand the importance of treatment and convincing them to join a rehab. Addiction Treatment Group is an addiction treatment facilitator that specializes in drug intervention in NJ.
Who needs a drug and alcohol intervention?
Individuals struggling with alcohol or drug addiction that do not wish or want to attend rehab are the ones that need an intervention. The goal of an intervention is to help the addict understand the health consequences of their addiction and how it affects people around them.
By making the addict understand as to how the addiction has ripped his/her life apart along with the lives of their loved ones, an intervention specialist can make the addict see that he/she can benefit from rehab treatment. We are one of the top-rated centers for drug intervention in NJ. We offer 24/7 emergency help and a direct intervention call line.
Planning for addiction treatment
Once you're ready to attend rehab treatment, it is important to start preparing yourself for your stay in rehab. Some of the things to consider before leaving for rehab include:
- Be honest with your employer and let him know that you need time off for rehab treatment. Be sure to let your employer know in advance about your medical leave so that they can make necessary arrangements.
- Make sure to sign up for automatic bill payments like utility bills, cable, internet, rent, etc. You may also assign this task to a loved one or friend to pay your bills while you are away.
- If you have children or elderly parents or pets, make arrangements with your trusted friends or family members to take care of your loved ones while you're away.
Also, be sure to fulfill all your financial and legal obligations before you leave for rehab. This way, your mind will be more at ease, and you can focus better on the treatment.
Things to know about an intervention
An intervention is always going to be frustrating for you as well as the addict. Sometimes an intervention can turn out chaotic, aggressive, and disastrous if done without an intervention specialist or proper planning. Here are some of the important points to remember while staging an intervention:
- Prepare yourself to layout your opinions and concerns effectively in such a way that it does not enrage the addict. Be sure to follow through with it, even if the intervention ends up in a negative outcome.
- Be sure to choose a place that offers solace and comfort for your loved one for the intervention.
- Be careful in choosing your attendees, refrain from inviting anybody who may enrage your loved one, or isn't important for the intervention. Pay extra caution to ensure that the addict does not feel cornered at any time during the intervention.
Contact Addiction Treatment Group to help your loved ones overcome addiction before it’s too late. Every situation is complex, unique, and delicate and requires expert supervision to derive a favorable outcome. We are experts in drug intervention in NJ.drug intervention NJ
View Larger Map